Monday, October 12, 2015

Best ways to cope with the stress. Six easy solutions to coping with the stressors in your life!






David Castillo Dominici.at FreeDigital Photos.net
 
In today’s society, we the people have failed to stop and take a breather!  We need  answers to the best ways to cope with the stress.   We are so caught up in the rat race that we just don't know how to stop!  Stress management for Moms is also a much needed topic in our today’s world.  According to Elkin (2013) a 2009 study reported in Time magazine found that 55 percent of women strongly agreed that in many households where both spouses have jobs, women still retained most of the duties and responsibilities for the home and family.  So the old adage still rings true “Father works from sun to sun, but a Mother’s work is never done"!  Unfortunately, this work load is double for the single mothers! 
                                    Impact of Stress on Your Body

And being a single mother, I know exactly how that feels!  But before I offer suggestions of the best ways to cope with the stress.   First let me explain why this is so important and how the stress takes a toll on your health.    Did you know that researchers estimate that 75 to 95 of all doctor’s visit are for conditions and complaints that are in some way related to stress. 

This isn’t really surprising considering the wide range of physiological changes that take place in your body that is induced by stress. Stress can also confound the symptoms of many disorders and illnesses as well. 

Not to mention the damage it can do to your circulatory system.  Stress is now considered a major risk factor in heart disease, right up there with smoking, being overweight, and not exercising.  All this becomes of dire importance because heart disease kills more men and women than any other disease.  Yikes, I know at times my kiddo probably thinks I have blown a fuse.  Some much needed stress management for the emotional mom is in order!       :-)
                                 Helpful Tips For Coping With Stress

   Listed below are some quick stress relief activities I incorporate into my life!  You owe it to yourselves to take at least 20-30 minutes out of your day to breathe and relax. I try to commit to doing at least one of the item daily on my list!
1.)   A tub of hot soapy water with some soothing Lavender Epsom Salts for 30 minutes and  a Lighted scented candle 






2.)  Meditation/Soft music- I love listening to my Holo-sync meditation binaural beats and Wholetones frequency which can also help with the depression and anxiety  
 
3.)  Exercise- The Yoga meltdown by Jillian Michael is a personal favorite
Witthaya Phonsawat at FreeDigitalPhotos.net




4.)  Listening to positive inspirational podcasts like Paula White,Teal Scott, and Abraham Hicks

5.) Take the time to relax with a cup of a tea-my taste buds loves this herbal tea
                                                Which calls for 1 dandelion root tea bag
                                                       1 cup of hot water
                                                 2-3 drops of liquid stevia
  
6.)    A massage –having a relaxing massage when you can has many health benefits including lowering your systolic blood pressure and lessen anxieties.





Hopefully some of these tips for stress management will be helpful but I encourage you today to look out for number 1 so you can continue to look out for number 2.  Taking just 20-30 minutes a day just for yourself has shown to greatly improve your moods and have an overall positive impact on your general health and well-being.  



                   
                     

                      



 

2 comments:

  1. I need to really put some of these stress management tips into practice because I know I suffer from being overwhelmed too much. I have so much to do and only one me - I think a lot of moms feel that way, especially single moms - I can't even imagine. Bless you abundantly Kim!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips. These tips are also great for children who take care of their parents which is what I happen to do. So much to do and not enough time to do everything. I love #1 and need to do it. I have a jacuzzi tub and never use it. I think I need to start. Thank you for this post.

    ReplyDelete